11.10.2011

hello again

I know, I know. It's been awhile. You can only imagine what I've been up to. 

For starters, I moved into my own apartment near the Northside of Chicago in the beginning of September. Not only did I have to move my enormous collection of clothes, shoes and handbags, but I also had to move at least 100 pounds of books that I've collected. Let me tell you, my movers were not happy. I found a place on the top floor of an apartment building that doesn't have an elevator. "It was pretty challenging" might be the understatement of the year.

Prior to moving into my new place, my boyfriend and I took on the project of painting the entire apartment. One important fact to note, I've NEVER painted anything. I must admit, I believe we took on too much in a short amount of time. However, my place has a very catchy name now.. The Yellow Submarine.

The hockey season also started recently and for all of you who know me well, I am a HUGE fan of the Chicago Blackhawks. Given that I try to go to almost every game, October was pretty busy. 

My parent's company also began filming commercials for the family business, which I am a star in. Well, if you count the blonde hair that you can see through a windshield of a car for a split second. I definitely count that! One bonus was that we were lucky enough to have not one, but two Blackhawks players star in the commercial. That was definitely one of my favorite days! More to come once the commercial airs..

My newest adventure I've taken on is the adoption of two kittens! I've never had cats growing up, only dogs. But I have to say, they are AMAZING! They are two sisters, Marley and Charlie. Once I have my camera up and running, I will share more photos. These two girls definitely keep me on my toes. 

And of course, I've read a couple of books along the way... If only I had enough bookcases to fit all these books I own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, your apartment is Adorable, you should show pics of the colors on your Walls...and yes you can be seen in the commercial, wasn't that fun!!

    ReplyDelete