2.06.2012

The Hunger Games

Recently I decided to jump on the bandwagon and begin reading the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Let me just say, I am so glad I did! 
 Lucky for me, I was able to rent the first book, The Hunger Games, on Amazon because I'm a recently new Prime member. The first page grabbed my attention immediately and from there I just could not stop. Literally. At one point, I think I was even walking to work while reading. Don't worry, no one was injured in the process.

Now, this is where Amazon Prime gets you. I was happy enough to rent the first book but then I had to wait until February 1st to rent another book. Well, that just could not work for me. I had to know what would happen next to Katniss! I bought the second book, Catching Fire, for my kindle & raced through that book as well. Unfortunately, it still wasn't February 1st. That means I had to buy the third book, Mockingjay, for my kindle as well. Needless to say, I absolutely enjoyed all three books & loved the ending! 

Suzanne Collins trilogy has an urgency to it that, when combined with the very startling life-or-death plot, is incredibly mesmerizing. It's entertaining and disturbing all at once. The characters stayed with me days after I put the third book down. If only I could find more books that leave a lasting impression like these did!

1 comment: