8.09.2011

hello my name is Kate..

..and I think I might have a slight problem. Nothing to be too worried about. I mean, it could be worse. My problem could be an addiction to $1,000 Louis Vuitton purses or maybe $200,000 high-rise condos. Even though I wish I could afford those kinds of addictions, mine doesn't really fit into those price ranges. Nevertheless, I seem to have a problem.
I am addicted to books. Seriously. In the past week and a half I've bought thirty-four books. I just couldn't stop. First, came the Newberry Library Book Fair here in Chicago that I wait for every year. Each book was $2 or less so I had to buy twenty-two books. When will you ever find great books in amazing shape for only $2? Next came the going-out-of-business sale at Borders (which I'm very sad about by the way) where I bought ten books. Then one of my favorite authors, Jennifer Donnelly, came out with her new book so of course I had to pre-order 'A Wild Rose'. Finally, I was in a local book store last weekend in Lake Geneva, WI and couldn't fight the urge to not support a local bookstore causing me to buy yet another book. Thirty-four books. I think I need to steer clear of all book stores for a while.


Hello my name is Kate and this space is meant to be a place to share my amusing reviews on books I've read as well as the random incidences I find myself in every day.  

1 comment:

  1. I am also addicted to books!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete