8.11.2011

something blue

Yesterday I had the clever idea to wear a new pair of shoes to work. Two years ago I found these shoes on sale for $15. What a steal! Why I've never worn them since they were bought was a mystery to me, until today. These lovely shoes are a light blue color with a chunky heel, reminding me of something Carrie Bradshaw would wear. I never seemed to have the right outfit that would go with these pairs of shoes. Well, today ended that catastrophe. I decided to wear these blue shoes with a light grey dress. Perfect a nice day at work, or so I thought.

As I walked into the office yesterday morning with my fancy blue shoes on, I was told by a co-worker they were "fabulous". What a great start to my day! Too bad it pretty much went downhill from there. As the morning progressed, I started to notice how many times I would need to get up from my desk. Coffee break since I was feeling a little sleepy. Bathroom break because of all the coffee I've been drinking. Water break since I'm feeling a little dehydrated. Bathroom break from all that water. Invitation to lunch that I have to accept. A couple of city blocks to our lunch destination. Back to my desk. Print job that I have to save from the printer. Water break again. Bathroom break again. I'm sure your starting to get the picture. 

By the time five 'o clock rolls around, my feet are screaming "please, please, PLEASE don't walk any farther!" Only problem is, I have to get to the train station that's five blocks from my building. All I can say is, if you happened to see someone limping down Monroe Street yesterday in light blue shoes, looking like she just learned how to walk, it was nice meeting you.

Maybe that's why those shoes were on sale...

3 comments:

  1. oh kate. you're adorable. and i'm loving all the pics so far! is this all from the new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is Judy.. thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, visiting from your mom's blog. Those are cute shoes but I guess from now on you will save them for a special night on.
    Have fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete